20 November 2005

Corporate Games

So I have been at the corporate games today, and not a bad day.

This is the second year the company I work for has entered the corporate games, and it is also the second year I have entered the corporate games. And my games of choice? Volleyball! I played very briefly at highschool (like four weeks only) and it is one of the few sports that appealed to me from the list of sports available.

Last year, my team only won one out of the three matches in the first heat, and that was against the second team that the company I work for entered.

This year however... we still only won one game, but this time it was against another company! And even better the score was 47 - 21. The second game we lost by only 4 points and the third by 10 points. Now I know that is still only one game won, but considering that last year the game we won was against fellow work mates and it was a close scoring game.

The third game we played was against a certain bank (that will remain nameless), that each year seem to have about ten volleyball teams entered. All the teams that the bank put in are like mega good, and losing to them by only ten points is still pat on the back worthy!!! Last year we lost to one of their teams by like 10,000 points (well it felt like that) so...

And now to chat about our corporate shirts for a bit. Other teams have really kewl shirts, polos with embroidery and funky use of their company colours. Last year my company got us these... Strangely cut white singlets with the company's logo screen printed across the bust and the butt. This year we were told that marketing had not done anything about the games and the social committee had to take over at the last minute, leaving no time to get new company shirts made up. This meant that again we had skanky ill-fitting white singlets (I'm not the smallest of lasses, and the biggest size available does not leave to much the imagination) with the company logo on the bust on the butt. And what is worse is the logo motto had been changed earlier this year (from "... smarter energy" to "... powering business"), so the shirts are out of date because they still sport the old logo!

But, even with meh, badly fitting, out of date company shirt - it was a fun day

And am I going to enter again next year? Hell yaaa!!!

:) G

No comments: