25 June 2007

LOL speak

I h8 LOL speak!!!

This is going to more rant than post - cope.

First of all I will explain what I refer to as LOL speak. It is the kind of thing that you can use while sending an SMS and want to save on characters, seeing as you get a limit of how much you can have. In this use i find it acceptable, don't do it myself but I can understand the reason for using it. However when it is (ab)used in emails I just feel that the person is being lazy.

There is a person that i have to deal with at the moment who insists on sending me emails typed in LOL speak. Here is an example of what i am getting -

'hi how r ya? just touching base 2 c how u r doing. hope all is well with ******. any problems please dont hesitate 2 call me. l know l never made ur last appointment date so if u feel u need it let me no.'


And it goes on... I mean come on!!!

The first email this person sent me, I opened and saw that it was written in this fashion and promptly deleted it without reading it. She then asked me what I thought of the idea in the email and I told her that I had received it but did not read it as it was gibberish. She has not gotten the hint as she has continued to send them to me like that...

Now for my disclaimer:

I myself have been known to use the phrase LOL, as well as WTF, RTFM, ROFL, LMAO, NSFW, one of my personal favourites - PEBKAC, regular readers on this blog might be aware of MFL, and regular readers of the Peanut blog will be aware of BTD.

I feel that these in context (and used sporadically) are fine!!! It is when the sentence has more abbreviations and shortcuts than actual words I get a bit ** groan**


And I have just thought of another that I use on occasion -

TTFN G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFL

IMO UR GAY

LOL ;)

*GRIN*