16 November 2008

The Non-Events of a Neglectful Blogger

It has been a while since I have done a blog! Even by my standards it has been a while!!!

But to catch you all (??? whoever maybe left after all this time ???) up I am going to fill you'll in on one of the more exciting things that has happened in the past three months -

Got a new car! Well when i say new, I mean new to me. My old was having a few problems. And by a few I mean a lot. The air-con was not working and if it was, it wouldn't have been because I knocked the pulley thing off the bottom of the car when I ran over a traffic island. The re-demister was not working, but would randomly turn on when... the radio would randomly stop working. The central locking did not work and on the few occasions that M34tb4LL did manage to get it working for me it nearly flattened the battery. Two out of the four electric windows did not work and a third was on the way out. Two of the tires were going to need placing sometime in the near future, and the spare was probably flat, I don't know. And a host of other little, niggly things that were either on their way out or completely gone and been held together with just sticky tape and dirt.

But there was one other thing, some might call it a major thing, that was not working properly on the car - the brakes. Now you don't have to have a car, or even know how to drive to know that brakes come in handy when driving. And the brakes on my car would slow me as long as I pumped the pedal till it 'stuck' and did not just 'sponge' all the way to the floor of the car. Lets just say that when I was a traffic light I got in the habit of putting the car into park very quickly.

So my new car has... Well everything that my old car didn't including brakes that work! And it is a station wagon! I got my 'Mum's mobile'.

And unlike my old car I can fit the pram in the boot! In fact I can fit the pram, the port-a-cot, a jumbo box of nappies, a heavily packed nappy bag and a big bag of child entertainment AND still have room to spare!

Now what happened to my old car? Well here is the fun bit! I drove it to a car yard that had a sign out the front saying "We pay cash for cars". They told me that they would give me $230 and deal with all the paperwork (vic roads stuff) and that would be that. So I jumped back into my car and drove it to local wreckers yard. They paid me $250 for the car and gave me the number plates that I then took to vic roads and within a couple of weeks was mailed a cheque for about $375! I'm so glad I looked at a second option other than just going to the car yard.

My new little silver buzz box, it is very pretty. And being silver, it does not show up the dirt on it as much as my old green car - that is one of the most important things, yes?

(: G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool to have a new to you car with all that space - lovely